Thursday 31 January 2008

The trials of creating male cards and the joys of having such lovely customers..

I don't know why is it so difficult to make a card for a man. I suppose if I look at my craft stash there is alot of Prima flowers and pretty ribbons, maybe I just don't have the right stash. But when I make a card for any of my male relatives or friends I don't want to stick a football on the front or an image of a golf bag so I suppose I need to think more outside of the box.. so, here is the card I made this morning for our friend Andy who has his birthday on Saturday. He's quite a trendy chap so I hope that he approves of this card. I don't think he visits my blog so he wont see this before he gets it but if I'm wrong.. sorry Andy!




Everything for the card has come from my new CD 'Now that's Funky' which will be available (crossed fingers) on my website at the end of February. I printed the backing for the card directly onto the base card so the design goes onto the back as well. Using another paper I cut out the arrow in Photoshop. The circle and 'Happy Birthday' topper are both straight off the CD. I used a black Sakura glaze pen to add faux stitching around the edge of the card and to outline the arrow. I used another pen in Terracotta to put the dashes around the circle. To just give it a bit of texture I added three adhesive pearls by Papermainia to the circle sentiment. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, Ian might hate it when he gets home and I'll have to come up with something else but at the moment that's the one!!

Yesterday I was so suprised to receive a lovely card in the post from one of my customers who had purchased my first CD The Funky One, I thought I would show it to you as I think it is great.. thanks very much Lorraine you're a star!



I am getting ready for the Craft Hobby and Stitch Trade show at the NEC, Birmingham on the 17th-19th February. I'm exhibiting for my second year in the Bright Sparks Pavilion (Stand BS21) if you are attending come and say hello! I am frantically trying to design posters for the stand and everytime I come up with something I change my mind! The printers are standing by waiting for the designs but at this rate I think they might be waiting for while!! I learned a good lesson last year at the exhibition 'Don't wear heels' so this year I will be wearing my trusty Doc Martin shoes that have seen me through many years wear as a part-time waitress amongst other things (that's a story for another time!) and still look as good as new!! I came here to have a break from designing posters, finishing my CD and tidying my craft room, guess I have to get back to work..speak again soon.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:15 pm

    Love your male card! I know what you mean about golf bags and footballs so roll on to the end of Feb so I can get your new CD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards : )
    I used that flowery ribbon on my little christmas robins! > http://incywincytogs.blogspot.com/2007/10/winter-is-coming.html

    Can I add you to my blog links Anice?

    Sam. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. THose card are so lovely and look at that Yummy ribbon... Grat, gorgeous papers again Anice...

    Hugs xxx

    PS : I thought you deserved an award!!! Go check out my blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card ,i carnt wait to see you at the N E C ,bet you are so excited to be showing there ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your stuff.
    You have been tagged, check out my blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your work and I know what you mean about mens cards - why are they so hard to do?!!!

    Hope you dont mind but you have been tagged ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:18 pm

    Fantastic card - how about a blue one though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin