Friday 4 April 2008

DCM challenge and a Funky Hand Design Team Call out!

Wow two posts in one day! what is going on with me?? First up I have my Friday challenge card for this weeks Daring Card Makers challenge. Here is the dare:

this week I'd like you to think small - not small cards, but small spaces of embellishment on regular sized cards.
You are allowed to cover no more than a 5x5cms area of your card with paper or embellishment - the rest of the card must be left plain...but because I'm feeling generous, I'm going to let you add a SIMPLE greeting as extra to your 5x5 allowance! :-)


Here is my take on the dare:





I really enjoyed this dare, I'm afraid I never leave much space on my cards as I am so keen to use my papers all over the card! It was really challenging thinking of making an interesting card with only 5cm square. I printed a paper from my CD Now that's Funky on to card and cut a 5cm square and inked the edges. Then using two pieces of pink ribbon I made a simple bow/flower and attached it to the patterned square with a brad. Then I got a length of 21 gauge beading wire and formed the curl and added it to the patterned square. It's not glued on just formed around it and the square was then put on the card blank with small foam pads to raise it up and to hold the wire in place. The sentiment is a stamp that I bought ages ago when I was in America and I don't think I have ever used it before. I think it will be coming out more often now I have re discovered it amongst all my stash!!

Now, would you like to join the Funky Hand design team? What on earth does she mean you may be asking yourself..well I am looking for a couple of new card makers to join my design team making cards with papers from my craft CDs and downloads. If you get involved you will see your card designs on my website, blog and have them shown on my Ideal World/Create Craft TV shows. If you would like to know more information and get details of how to apply please email me here: support@funkyhand.com I'll email you back with details about how you can apply for the team. I'm really looking forward to hearing from you and getting this team properly off the ground! Oh I should have said..please contact me before Friday 11th April to get details I'll be making the team decision over the next weekend.
Speak again soon...

37 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, love the paper you have used and the big bow is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card. Love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is stunning :o) I love what you've done with the wire! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooooooooh I LOVE it. What a great way to use a spiral clip - I've got loads of the things and have never worked out how to make them look good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card-I love the spiral!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I thought texture was the way to go with a small area and you did the same! The ribbon and wire both look fab. Best of luck recruiting your DT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:16 pm

    great take on this weeks dare, love the wire and that sentiment stamp is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your team members search - sounds like an exciting project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the DCM challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant use of the wire and a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, love the use of the wire!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thats just beautiful, really cool and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a gorgeous card and I just love the stamped greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow its really beautiful the ribbon set it off a treat.

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  17. thats a really pretty card :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it, really stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card Anice. The spiral really sets it off..........brilliant idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous card, I love the ribbon and spiral. After reading your post you reminded me of all my fab colourd wire I have in the loft from my Floristry days and the things we used to make with them - thanks :-)x
    Fabulous work x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card love the simplicity of your design

    ReplyDelete
  22. great card love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card is just Lovely. well done its so effective

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love it, I love simple cards & this one is esquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh Great Card - love the greeting too - thanks for playing

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow such a stunning card, thank - you for your kind words on my blog
    jo x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card - just love the spiral!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the lovely comment :o)

    And goodluck with the DT recruitment!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is lovely Anice. I thought you had set the challenge to find a DT at first!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous8:51 pm

    Its beautiful Anice, I love the wire embellishment. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely! The wire is a fabulous touch!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card, I love that spiral. Good luck with your new team.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous card, Anice! I love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is such a lovely card, the wire and the ribbon works so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous11:12 pm

    Great card for the Challenge.."Good Luck" with your Design Team:)x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin