Friday 25 April 2008

DCM Challenge - Most Distressing!

Well it's Friday again and I am pleased to be able to fit in another Daring Cardmakers Challenge.. though I probably shouldn't have been making cards when I have designing to do, card demos to create and three magazine adverts to get done and sent out..oh well it's the weekend I'll get it all done then!!!

Heres this weeks challenge from Keryn:

it's my turn to Distress you all, or at least your cards with this weeks dare. You can make a card for any season, any holiday, any occasion but you need to use either a fingernail, curled edges, sandpaper, tearing, anything you like really as long as looks like it's had a fair bit or wear and tear.

This something I don't do that often so I had fun getting my Basic Grey precision file set on to this card!




I used black card for the base and then printed three papers from my download Paper Blossom onto white card then I got to work with the precision file set around the edges and just generally over the paper! I added the Hey! sentiment from the matching alphabets on the download and didn't cut them out that carefully, which was quiet liberating!!, so they looked a bit distressed to. I like the effect of the black base card against the colours, it's something I'm trying out for one of my demos on the next Ideal World show..we shall see!.

Today is the last day you have to have a chance of winning my Blog Candy to celebrate hitting 10,000 views so if you haven't left a comment yet get going to the blog candy post and get your comment down. Ian is going to draw the winners name tomorrow!

Well I'd best get back to real work I suppose, I haven't got that much time left to get things done as we are going to a 'Ball' tonight and I have to start getting ready early so I have a chance of even looking reasonable!! Wish me luck with the new high heels..I'll take the camera in case there are any moments worth sharing.
Enjoy your weekend!

22 comments:

  1. Fab card great colours and papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the colours Anice - such a cool idea and the black makes it.
    Now get on on with your work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so lovely card. Gorgeous design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Annice, I erally like those papers adn the colorus you've used. The BG file set is such a great piece of kit, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love the layout and your papers are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning colours against the black - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely papers, they do work well against the black background. Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice card, Anice! :o) Have fun tonight.

    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anice
    Enjoy the ball - how glamorous dancing the night away.
    Good news - I love your card
    Bad news - you've just been tagged,
    You now have to tell the blogging world 7 interesting things about yourself and then in turn tag 5 others.
    Love
    kath
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card! Those papers look even more stunning against the black. Have a great time at the ball - and I expect to see photos!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the black - it really sets off the colour of the papers. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colours.....love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic card - GREAT !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card, Anice, love the colours!
    JudyNZ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:07 am

    YOUR DESIGNS ARE ADDICTIVE - I CANT STOP USING THEM - BRILLIANT- YOU ARE A TRUE STAR - AND TONIGHT YOU CAN BE BELLE OF THE BALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning cards Anice - love the papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous, your papers are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous3:09 pm

    Great card !

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a great combination of colourswell set of against the black. Like the wording as well

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card Anice. Missed your blog candy - boo! Congrats to Seedlings Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  21. great colour combo! love the torn esdgiong effect gives extra dimnesion to your design

    ReplyDelete
  22. love it! I love the paper you have used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin