Friday 26 November 2010

Birthdays galore in November!

I don't know what it is but there are loads of birthdays this month amongst my friends and family.  I thought I'd share a couple of very simple cards I made for my cousin Jenny who had her birthday few days ago and her fiance Andy who has the honour of having the same birthday as me!


Jennys card was made with papers from my craft CD Rom Colour Me Happy and the flower is just two different sorts of Prima flowers layered on top of each other and attached with a fancy brad from my stash.  I was really pleased with how the flower turned out so I kept the rest of the card very simple.  I think that is a good way of showing off a complicated embelishment..less is more as they say!!





Now, mens card are never easy I find, and they are not my favourite card to try to make so, I decided to keep Andys card pretty simple as well just using the papers, also all taken from my craft CD Rom Colour Me Happy, to make the card and keeping the embellishments to a minimum..


I can't remember where I bought the Happy Birthday spongy topper sorry but I have a packet of them that have saved my life a few times making cards!!  I just added a co ordinating button with a little button twine to finish it off.






I have to admit that my card making has taken a simple turn recently, with all the fab stuff we have been working on ready to be released in the New Year it meant that my card making has had to be quick!  Now as everything is coming together and the pressure is starting to lift, slightly! I hope to be able to get myself around a few interesting blogs and get some new ideas for cards.  I'm looking forward to it!

Before I go I want to just remind you that there is just a few more days left to join in with this months Get Funky! challenge and be in with a chance of winning £20.00 worth of vouchers to spend on www.funkyhand.com  Next months challenge starts on 1st December and I'm the host..it will be a special month as it's the last of the year and I'll be telling you all about the exciting changes we are going to have starting in the New Year.

Anyway, enjoy your day whatever you are up to..and try and fit some crafting in if you can.
Speak again very soon
Anice xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin