Thursday 17 November 2011

A craft gift from my Mom!

If you know anything about me or how Funky Hand started as a business you will know that it was my Mom who got me started papercrafting.  Anyway, since she retired recently she has been picking up old crafts like knitting and sewing that she used to always be doing when I was a child.  But as well as those things she has also been trying out some new ones as well.  She has taken up jewellery making.

Last weekend Mom and Dad visited us and Mom gave me a fab bracelet that she had made for me.  Basically she gathered together every green bead she had in her stash, as she knows it's my favourite colour, and created this wild bracelet..

It's made using memory wire so I don't have to worry about trying to do up clasps with my dodgy right hand.
Here it is on my wrist..

Expect to see this in any future Create and Craft TV shows front and centre..though it does rattle a little with all the giant beads.  It might mean you can't hear me talking, which isn't such a bad thing I imagine you are thinking!! 

Just one last picture before I leave you to your day.  What I really loved was a little charm that Mom had added to the end of the bracelet..


A little silver hand saying Hand Made.Isn't that great?  We should all be proud of our crafty creations, being hand made doesn't mean the item is 'less' than something you could buy in the shops.  It means it's much better as it's been made with love and care.

Speak again very soon
Anice xx

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you, it's beautiful. My favourite colour is green too and I can't walk past anything green without taking a second look as it seems to grab my attention and draw me in. I've got a really lovely green necklace that I 'had to buy' about 8 years ago and it's still unworn because it just doesn't quite go with anything. The great thing about this bracelet being made with so many different shades of green is that it should go with almost anything. I'll be looking out for it on C&C.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anice
    Great bracelet and all those shades of green are gorgeous.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous bracelet extra special as it was made by your Mum. I'm newly retired too and now that I have the time have returned to my routes of making things when the children were small. Also branching out into different medias. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin