Wednesday 8 February 2012

A Birthday card to share..

Oh no..a handmade birthday card request for a bloke.  It's every crafters nightmare..well it's mine anyway! Out of the window go the flowers and the pretty backing papers.  You have to come up with something that says it was handmade for you but, not just thrown together with a naff 'male' image on like golf clubs or something..you know what I mean.

Well Ian says to me last week, "It's Andy's birthday will you make him a card?" So here is what I came up with..





The card base is a white 250gsm 6" square blank.  Onto it I added a smaller square of polka dot printed card, the backing paper can be found on my Funky Hand craft CD Happy Happy Birthday.  It's from the How old? collection.  The coloured cake digital stamp is from my Craft The Year Away CD which I selected in the workspace on that CD and then changed Papercraft Factory editions to Happy Happy Birthday again and added the lovely 'Old Fart' sentiment to it from that CD.  That's a great thing about the Papercraft Factory CD ROM range you can bring things in from different CDs and use them together.

As it was a mans card I only added a bit of ribbon on the background but no bows or knots! I added a little bit of simple doodling in straight(ish) lines using a black Sakura Glaze pen and and layered it up using foam pads for the main digital stamp and sentiment.


Hopefully he liked it..like all blokes he opened it said thanks and then said 'Oh have you made it?'  You just don't get the recognition for your crafty toils from blokes like you do from lasses.  But, at least I did make something rather than give in and buy something from the shop!

Speak again very soon!
Anice xx

1 comment:

  1. oh I love it Anice!!!! its perfect for any old male fart!!!!! :)
    love the green spotties too hun!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin