Wednesday 7 March 2012

Love You card..

I don't often get loads of time these days to craft and make cards so a couple of weekends ago when I was Hugo the dog free I crafted for all I was worth.

It's amazing how quickly you can forget how much you love messing with paper and glue.  Can you tell I really enjoyed playing?  That's the price I pay I suppose for running a craft design business..I don't get to craft as often as I'd like.  I'm creating the products and my lucky Design Team members get to do most of the playing. ( The next Funky Hand craft CD ROM is coming along nicely by the way..it should be available late April early May time)

Anyway less of my crafting woes!  Here's a card that I have been able to make.  I know it's a bit late for the old Valentine cards etc but I thought this card would be good for any sort of 'love' occasion..I'm keeping it safe so I can just add an appropriate sentiment should the right time arrive...

The topper image is from one of the Funky Hand 'Our Betty' clear stamp collections.  The Love 'n' That set.  I coloured her using promarker pens.  The heart backing paper is from my download I Heart You and so is the paper that I used to layer the stamped image. 

I wanted 'Betty' to stand off the card so I decided to set her to one side and add a simple red ribbon, tied in a knot to the other side to balance the card design. I cut the layer for Betty from more paper from the I Heart You download and glued it to the bottom paper first. Then I tied the ribbon around both of them.Both backing papers were printed onto card by the way. Once that was done I glued them both to the base card.
 
As soon as they dried I just added Betty to the layered section with foam pads so she stands up off the card. with the ribbon passing underneath her.

I hope you like the card as much as I enjoyed making it!
speak again very soon.
Anice xx

2 comments:

  1. its gorgeous Anice, I love popping the image it, and betty looks faublously loved up :)
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Anice, love the backing paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin