Monday 13 August 2012

Get Funky Challenge..how not to do it!

Firstly, I would like to offer my apologies AGAIN for not blogging here very often again.  Life  in Funky Hand Garden Studio just seems to take over everything ..that includes my life.  There have been a few change a rounds, new decisions to make and general madness going on.  I know that's pretty much what it's always like here but just double it and you might get an idea of what it's been like. Anyway less of the weak apologies and onto the blogging.

My last post was the beginning of this month Get Funky Challenge and this post is my contribution for the end of it.  I made a massive faux par.  My card doesn't follow the challenge..I don't know how it happened. I'd had it all planned out the wording was going to be ME 4 YOU so it would include the number that was required without an image.  Some how I created Me & You instead, made the card, still didn't notice..took the picture, still didn't notice..messed with the image in photoshop, still didn't notice. Started writing the blog post..ahhhh the penny drops!  I didn't have time to create anything else so... the final inspiration card for this months Get Funky Challenge is how NOT to enter !  Here is the offending creation..


What a dummy I am! I'll tell you about the card anyway.  I created it using papers from one of the early Papercraft Factory CD releases Colour Me Happy, the collection is called Glad Rags. I have to admit to moving on to the next CD I'm working on that I forget to take a look back at older CDs and Colour Me Happy really has some great stuff on it.  As usual I went mad with my black Sakura pen doodling on the square button patterned paper and around the edges of the layers.  The main Me&You topper I decided I wanted to add some height to so I used 7mm x 7mm x 3mm foam pads, here's how it looked from the side.

I  love to layer up sections of my cards the button/boxes were added with 7mm x 7mm x 1mm foam pads which is a much more subtle look as you can see.

Right, what else has been going on, well there have been two Mums birthdays and I'll share those cards with you later in the week, and the wedding of the year took place on 4th August.  I'll let you see the card I created for that soon as well, and maybe even some photos.

On the Funky Hand front there is a new download ready to be launched and we have two live shows on the Create and Craft TV channel coming up this Friday 17th August 10am & 2pm. We have some great prices on all the Papercraft Factory CDs, ones you wont see anywhere else..but I'll tell you about that later in the week.  As usual I'm behind with my demo making so, I'd best get on with that and stop chatting with you!

Speak again soon
Anice xx

1 comment:

  1. well I think its fab hun!!!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin