Monday 18 March 2013

Mothers day..better late than never!

Well, it's been a while since I spoke to you.  But at last I have something to share with you.  Mothers Day was a little while ago and I was able to fit in making cards for my Mom and Ian's Mum.  I thought I'd share Ian's Mums card with you today..my Mums will have to wait as I made it with a yet to be released backing paper download and digital stamp!  They will be available pretty soon so I'll show you my make then..

Anyway, back to the Mothers Day card I can share with you..


I decided to make this card pretty clean and simple so I only used a backing paper from my Colour Me Happy Papercraft Factory CD as a layer behind the image which is the Flower Cake download available on www.funkyhand.com

I had a dig through a bit of my large amount of craft stash and found an old favourite of mine that haven't seen the light of day for a while Prima Flowers.  I used to add these to every card I made and I have no idea why I stopped!  I didn't use brads to fasten the flowers to the card but stuck them down using PVA glue and then added buttons and flat backed pearls as centers.

Here is a closer look at the topper..


I coloured the Flower Cake digital stamp with Letraset Promarkers and Metallic pens.  I'm still working on my colouring abilities but it came out OK. The little banner on the cake is great for adding little messages, just leaving blank or colouring.

I've been trying to get back into the swing of making cards so hopefully you wont be waiting to hear from me again for as long as this time!  

I can let you know that we have something special planned for the Easter Holiday on the website so I'll definitely be back before then to give you all the details.

Speak again very soon.
Anice xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin