Monday 15 April 2013

CAS birthday card for my brother

March is always a big month for birthdays in my family, that's my excuse for not showing you the card I made for my brother before now..the middle of April!

Gary, my brother, isn't really bothered about handmade cards. Unless he needs a card then he is very happy to go through my Moms collection of cards she has made rather than go and buy one!

Anyway, I have to admit I made this card at lightening speed and kept it very simple, and flat, so it wouldn't get damaged or cost me a fortune to post!  That's Sisterly love for you..ha ha!

Right less chat, here is the card..


The base card is black, I can't remember which company I got it from but, they are perfect for male cards I have found. I mixed up a few papers and an image from different Funky Hand Papercraft CD ROMS. The backing papers are from Colour Me Happy (Jovial Man Collection) and the Balloon image, I used the pre coloured version of for speed, and the 'Happy Birthday' banner are from Happy Happy Birthday.

I doodled some black lines around each of the backing papers before I layered them on top of each other, then added the image on top of them.  I inked around each of the layers with a dried up black ink pad to give them a little definition.  As the base card was black I found that I didn't need to do any more to it.  I suppose I could have added some card candi or a button or two but..Gary wouldn't have noticed them and I didn't want to waste my stash!!  Awful to admit I know!!

So, there is the card for my brothers birthday this year.  I like to think of it as clean and simple, rather than the fastest card in the west (or North East!)

Right I'm off to get back to designing my next download collections.  Anyone ready for some Wedding papers? I hope so as that's what I am working on!

Speak again very soon.
Anice xx

2 comments:

  1. oooh this is gorgeous Anice!! I love that layout! hope he had a fab day!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Anice.Love it all.Bet he did too.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin