Sunday 16 June 2013

Fathers Day. Same card two different looks.

It's Fathers Day so best wishes to all the Dads out there.  I made my cards a bit late I'm ashamed to say.  So, my Dad will see his card here before he actually receives it.  Sorry Dad.

I thought I would make the same basic card for both my Dad and Ian's Dad but use different papers and colour the digital stamp to match those colours.  It's actually really surprising how different they look.

First up is Ian's Dads card.  I used the newly released Thank You Doodlewords digital stamp and papers from my craft CD Wishes and Kisses, In Sympathy collection


Sorry about the rather poor images, the light was pretty bad here yesterday. But you'll get the idea!  I matched the colours that I used to colour the digital stamp to the spotty backing paper.


I used Letraset Promarkers to colour the image. Here are the colours I used, Morning Mist, Slate, Caramel, Black & March Hare to outline the whole image.  The Doodlewords digital stamps are really easy to colour so great if you need something quickly or are a beginner with colouring.

When I made the other card I followed the general design of the first card and used the same Thank You digital stamp but this time used backing papers from my craft CD Colour Me Happy, Pleased to see Ya Collection.



Once again I used the spotty paper to match the colours as closely as possible when colouring the digital stamp.


The Promarkers I used this time were, Satin, Green Shoot, Budding Rose, Plum Preserve and Fresh Meadow to outline the image.

So, if you need to make more than one card for the same occasion and you have left it pretty late like I did! Using the same basic design but changing the backing papers can make two or more pretty different cards.

Funky Hand is flooding craft magazines this month with three different collections of cards in three different  magazines.  I'll be back to show you some of the cards that are in the magazines once they are in the shops.

So, I'll speak to you again very soon.
Anice xx

2 comments:

  1. oooh they are both fantastic Anice, love the buttons too.
    huge hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant cards dearie.You have been busy.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, go on leave me a message I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin